Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's a New Year...and a New Start

I have never been big on New Years Resolutions. If you know me at all you know that I only like to do things that I am good at. So I hardly ever do anything that I know I am going to fail at. And resolutions definitely fall into that category. But this year is a different year. I am feeling like a fresh start is essential to my survival. I am so glad that the New Year fell when it did because I was in dire need of it. 

I had not been the person God created me to be last year. I am ashamed of the way I had acted at times and the way I have treated the person who means the most to me. I want to publicly acknowledge that I have not respected my husband the way I should. The way he, and all men deserved to be treated. I want to be held accountable to anyone who knows us. If you see me doing it again, I am giving you free reign to call me on it. That being said...here are my Resolutions:

1. Respect Kevin more, and laugh more with him
2. Exercise more
3. Eat less sweets
4. Spend a little time with God EVERY SINGLE DAY  

Short and Simple... I want to trust God more throughly to help me though this next year to be the person He created me to be. I Long to be that woman and I feel like this is my year! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading a book right now called The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace. It is really well written and uses TONS of scripture to support what God requires of a Christian wife and how to go about becoming that wife. I'm almost half way through it and I've really enjoyed what I've learned. I got it a Berean on SALE!
    Just to let you know...I will be praying for you. It's a hard thing for women in today's society to learn how to respect their husbands according to God's expectations. I have and still struggle with this. I think it is amazing that you are focusing on this for 2009. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete