Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Potty Training Today

I can't believe it's that time in my baby girls life. Its crazy. But she has been telling me she wants to "try mama" for a few days now so I decided to get her a potty. She did really good today. Only two accidents and one was my fault for letting her go too long without trying. I think we got it down though. (knock on wood) She goes when I put her on but only about half the time goes in to go on her own. I don't know if that comes later or what. I am completely clueless when it comes to this stuff. There is no typical and I HATE that.

I didn't realize how exhausting it would be though. I am doing a "progressive" approach because I am a glutton for punishment and just want to get it done in the least time possible. So basically it is all potty all day for 1-3 days. (I'm betting on 3, any less just seems crazy) The juice starts flowin the minute she gets up and it's potty time every 25 minutes and she sits on the potty till she goes. She gets her treat and a new cup of juice and we start all over again. Needless to say it's going to be a long week. I am determined to have it done by the weekend though so we are not completely home bound like I am right now. 

I will keep inquiring minds posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment