Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving (Part 2)

Today I am also so greatful for the things I don't have at the moment. I remember this verse today:

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Today I am also thankful for:

1. That hardly any of my clothes fit, though it's totally annoying, it means I am a new healthier (and smaller) me.

2 Garage doors. Our is broken at the moment, but it makes me realize how much I really appreciate being able to park in the garage.

3. My health and the ability to exercise. I am feeling sick today, and it always forces me to slow down and rest, i am thankful for that.

4. Money. We do not have much of it, but I am still thankful that we have just enough to pay our bills. Being on a tight budget also makes me thankful when we get to go out to eat (and be served). It is a rarity but I am thankful that we get to do it at all because I know some people aren't that lucky.

5. Money. Its a big deal so it gets 2 spots. Since we dont have a lot of extra money for Christmas gifts, I am thankful for my God-given ability to craft and make stuff. That way I can show the people I love how thankful I am for them by making them gifts.

6. All My family. I do not get my sister here on Thanksgiving or Christmas this year and it is really hard, but I am thankful that I have gotten to go see her in Colorado twice and that I know she will get to come home eventually.

I am so greatful to God for everything he has given me and all the things He chooses to withhold. I know that having less makes me more of a person. We are making it...and even though we dont have a lot of things or money, we have a lot of love and I am SO thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment