Monday, October 18, 2010

My First Triathlon

I did my first triathlon on Sunday morning. It was the at the University of Redlands and consisted of a 5k run, 12 miles bike ride, and a 250 yard swim. The run was fine. It was raining, but i felt pretty good. The bike ride, was harder than I thought, but still not too bad. The first 2 miles or so were all up hill and my legs burning, but i pushed through. The only thing that kept bummin me out was all the road bikes that were zooming past me with no effort at all. Next year I will have to try and get my hands on one of them so I can better my time. The last thing was the swim. When I jumped off my bike my legs kind of buckled as I ran for the pool. The swim was only 5 laps, but because I jogged for the pool, I had absolutely no breath left. I had to swim the whole thing above the water, but felt good as my brother, Kevin, and the kids were standing next to the pool cheering me on. I finished in 1 hour 27 mins.

Here is Mandy and I before the race...this is all I saw of her because as soon as the gun fired she was gone! She did awesome. 1 hour and 7 mins...2nd in her age class. She is my inspiration and the reason I push myself to constantly set new goals to accomplish. I am very thankful for her in my life!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. You're amazing!! And I'm so happy you're blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! You are awesome and hooked (I think). Yes...a rode bike will make a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete