Friday, August 15, 2008

Ben is home

Photobucket
Its an exciting day for Lacey because Ben (her husband of only 3 days before he left for Iraq for 15 months) is on his Mid-tour from Iraq. He will be here until Labor day and then goes back for another 7 or so months. I am so excited for her. She finally gets her honeymoon 8 months delayed. He is so skinny from being in Iraq. Im sure he lost like 40 pounds or something. He said it is 120 degrees there in August and his pack he wears out in the field weighs in at 90 pounds. Thats so crazy, thats like wearing a 10 year old kid on your back. Maybe I need to join the army and get on the Iraq diet...not really, he is amazing for putting his life on the line for his country...I could never be that brave or sacrificial. We went to Jerseys and he had his first Bud Light and real food (he choose Ravioli) in 8 months. 

Photobucket
I can't wait for Las Vegas... 10 days and counting. Kevin and I, Lacey and Ben, and Angi and Ryan...Amazing company for a much needed and deserved vacation for all. I am so excited I can barely think of anything else. I get these butterflies...so ridiculous, but I can't help it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment